1st Line Engineer
We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated 1st Line Engineer to join our fast-paced IT help desk. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to work alongside our experienced engineers and offer support on a variety of our technologies.
About the job
Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours per week
Start as soon as possible
Join our friendly and knowledgeable team and become part of a dynamic and fast-paced IT help desk environment. We offer B2B help desk support, project management and professional services to a wide range of clients. Work alongside experienced engineers and be exposed to a variety of technologies and support skills. Over time, we can offer training and career progression.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Taking incoming supports calls from our customer base via phone and email.
- Supporting standard business systems and infrastructure, including but not limited to Windows Client OS, Windows Server OS, Apple OS, TCPIP Networks, M365 and Microsoft Office.
- Provisioning basic IT equipment and services including but not limited to PC’s, routers, wireless access points, M365 and antivirus.
- Working hours are 9:00 – 5:30, and for the early shift 8:00 till 4:30. You may be required to do the early shift one day per week.
Skills and Experience required as our 1st Line Engineer
All of the below skills are preferred but not required immediately or in full.
- Basic Networking
- Basic hardware/software troubleshooting
- Windows Client OS
- Windows Server OS
- Apple OSX
- M365 – Microsoft Office, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Exchange Online
- Analytical thinking
- Strong work ethic
- Customer service
We value our employees and are committed to providing them with a workplace which is both safe and secure.
Likewise we create an environment where every employee is treated fairly, with respect and importantly equal opportunities for all.
Read more about our employee commitment on our careers page, and find some of our benefits here:
- 24 days annual leave entitlement (Increase on years’ service up to 29)
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Buy/sell back holiday scheme
- Private Health Insurance with discounted perks;
- Bupa Dental Plan
- Eye care contribution
- Pension scheme
- Staff Incentives and recognition