Who We Are
Redsquid Communications collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and the Data Protection Act 2018. We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Collection Of Data
When you place an order with us for any of our goods or services we will need certain information to process your order. This may be information such as your name, private or business email address, postal address, site addresses, telephone or mobile numbers, date of birth, financial or bank account/card information to help us identify you and provide you with the services or products. We may ask for further information that relates to the service that you are ordering.
When you contact us to discuss your account, we may ask for certain information to confirm your identity, check our records and answer your questions quickly and accurately.
If you complete a survey or enter into any competitions we may ask for information about you which we will make clear at the time and for the purpose we will being using the information.
When you visit our website we may collect and process information about your usage of these by using “cookies” and other similar technologies (see “cookies” section below) to help us make improvements to the websites and to the services we make available.
Where you have come to Redsquid as a customer through acquisition, we will have collected information about you from the company and/or business we purchased the rights to your contract for services from. We will also collect information about you following the acquisition.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of the website, portal or application may not function properly if you disable cookies.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Redsquid Communications only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 7 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise, withdraw your consent or the data will automatically be erased three years after the last communication.
Call recordings are retained for up to 6 years for evidential purposes.
We at Redsquid Communications takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We always work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including encryptions and password protection.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have a number of important rights:-
- To be informed in relation to the fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object in certain situations to our continued processing of your personal information (or object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing)
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information
- Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
How To Complain
We always want to resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you wish to make a complaint regarding the use of your information, in the first instance please contact our Data Protection Officer:-
Vince Mignacca, Head of Compliance, either by email [email protected] or by writing to Redsquid Communications Floor 2, Premiere House, Elstree Way, Borehamwood WD6 1JH.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113 or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.