Head of People
Welcome to Redsquid, where work is more than just a job; it’s an adventure! We’re a vibrant and quirky team of 50 individuals on a mission to redefine the workplace experience. Our purpose-driven approach is centred around making a real difference in the lives of our employees. At Redsquid, we don’t just want to be a company; we aim to be the best place to work over the next 2 years. If you’re a visionary leader with a passion for creating positive workplace cultures, we want you to join us in this exciting journey!
About the job
Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours per week
Start as soon as possible
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Management Team to shape the organisation structure to support the business’s growth targets.
- Review and develop the people strategy, including our employee experience, employer brand, culture, internal communications, HR infrastructure, to drive high performance across the business.
- Apply knowledge and expertise in specialist HR areas, providing innovative ideas and solutions.
- Develop and administer HR policies, procedures, and guidelines as required, and promote consistency and fairness in their application – ensuring legislation is adhered to, and ongoing learning of HR policy practice takes place.
- Maintain and develop HR information systems and explore new technologies where appropriate – introducing and overseeing the preparation and analysis of HR metrics and providing feedback that supports decision-making.
- Provide the organisation with generalist advice and guidance and deliver the full employee lifecycle including guiding line managers through a variety of situations.
- Oversee annual and other employee processes to assess and update staff pay and benefits, ensuring good performance is valued and any adjustments are implemented fairly.
- Encourage and strengthen a culture and practice of forward HR planning – ensuring HR considerations are reflected accurately in new programme design and annual planning processes.
- Use technical expertise and interpersonal skills to influence managers in moving towards developing more flexible, responsive, innovative workforce and methods of delivering services, maximising VFM outcomes with reduced resources.
- Promote behaviours which are critical to the company’s continued success, appropriately appraising engagement levels and focusing on improvements as the business continues to grow.
- Ensure innovative recruitment and succession planning is in place: oversee fair and effective processes to attract and bring on board new staff while processing learning from the experiences of those who leave.
People Management Practices
- Advocate for good practices that promote the development and wellbeing of all Redsquid staff, including contributions to further safety and work/life balance.
- Develop and support leaders and people managers across the organisation to organise and deliver their priorities effectively through their teams – providing inspiration to advance leadership development processes.
- Drive staff engagement and involvement, including working with the Redsquid Voice representatives, and leading on staff surveys and ensure feedback is used to generate reflection, learning and improvement.
- Champion and advance diversity within the organisation to assist teams understand and live Redsquid’s core values – help ensure our identity is reflected in our recruitment and ways of working.
- Ensure performance review systems are updated, implemented regularly, and lead to positive interaction and follow-up among staff – assisting in identifying ways staff recognition and development initiatives can be met.
- Design and cultivate learning and development strategies to help staff identify areas where skills and experience can be expanded, and performance grows – working with others to ensure an appropriate range of tools, resources and development opportunities are accessible across the organisation.
- Collate monthly payroll for completion by the outsourced payroll company.
Skills and Experience required as Our Head of People
- Successful track record of working at all levels of HR and across functions, including recruitment, training, L&D and driving culture change throughout a business.
- Ability to think and plan creatively at strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to balance a strategic approach with hands-on work.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with a wide range of people at all levels both verbally, with the confidence and credibility to influence upwards.
- Progressive Leader who fosters innovation, inclusivity, and positive culture through continuous improvement, adaptability, and prioritising team empowerment and well-being.
- Build professional partnerships with staff and managers.
- Overcome barriers and find solutions to complex problems, sometimes in challenging and stressful circumstances.
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Confident in working at a senior level whilst balancing the need for a “sleeves rolled up” approach that is required in a business of this size.
- Effective communicator
- Experience of working in a standalone HR position ideally in an SME (50 – 500) is desirable.
- Experience in M&A both pre and post acquisition would be advantageous
- An in interest in AI for HR planning
We value our employees and are committed to providing them with a workplace which is both safe and secure.
Likewise we create an environment where every employee is treated fairly, with respect and importantly equal opportunities for all.
Read more about our employee commitment on our careers page, and find some of our benefits here:
- 24 days annual leave entitlement (Increase on years’ service up to 29)
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Private Health Insurance with discounted perks
- Bupa Dental Plan
- Eye care contribution
- Pension scheme
- Staff Incentives and recognition
- Flexible working
Apply now for success
Head of People
do you want to join the Redsquid team as our Head of People
At Redsquid we are all about making a difference to our customers with the use of technology. An innovative provider of solutions within IoT, Cyber Security, ICT, Data Connectivity and Voice solutions.
We are here to improve our customer’s businesses as well as their operations. Therefore with the use of technology we make them more efficient, increase productivity and reduce costs.
Join our team and help us fulfil this mission by providing outstanding solutions and exceptional service to our customers!