IT Help Desk Manager
We are looking for an experienced IT Help Desk Manager to join our exciting and modern IT team. You will be responsible for leading, training and managing our IT support team of 9, including 1st/2nd, 3rd Line Engineers and 2 apprentices. Managing the day-to-day operations, you will make sure that we provide excellent customer service and resolution on all technical issues.
About The Role
- You will be based in both our offices in Thame (Oxfordshire) & Borehamwood (Hertfordshire)
- Permanent, Full-time
- Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours per week
At Redsquid we are driven by our purpose of ‘making a difference with the use of technology’. As our Help Desk Manager, you will help us fulfil this purpose, and with a passion for customer service you will make sure we provide the absolute best customer experience.
We provide a whole host of managed services to our customers, including IT support, M365 and SECaaS. As our Help Desk Manager, you should have a solid technical background and a problem-solving attitude with the ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals.
We are a company in rapid growth, led by both acquisitions and organic growth. We have recently completed our latest acquisition, and we are looking for someone who can bring our teams together and drive performance under our values: Innovative, Passionate, Teamwork and Integrity. Is that you?
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the IT help desk team.
- Drive and evaluate performance.
- Optimise and manage processes for support tickets.
- Ensure KPI’s are met.
- Work along side our customer success manager to ensure queries and complaints are handled correctly.
- Provide weekly help desk reports to your manager.
- Conduct regular one-to-one’s with engineers.
- Aid in establishing support best practices.
- Aid in recruiting, training and supporting help desk engineers.
- Collaborate with the leadership team and being responsible for driving the absolute best customer experience.
- Ensure SLA’s are achieved
- Act as point of escalation for your team
- Carry out regular training and development plans
Skills & Experienced Required As Our IT Help Desk Manager
- Full UK driving license and mode of transport.
- Five years IT help desk management experience.
- Five years IT technical support experience is beneficial.
- Working hours 9:00 – 5:30.
- Three days per week from the Thame office and two days per week from the Borehamwood office. This is a guidline only.
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication – written and verbal
- Organisational skills
- Time management
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for customer service
We value our employees and are committed to providing them with a workplace which is both safe and secure.
Likewise we create an environment where every employee is treated fairly, with respect and importantly equal opportunities for all.
Read more about our employee commitment on our careers page, and find some of our benefits here:
- 22 days annual leave entitlement (Increase on years’ service up to 29)
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Private Health Insurance with discounted perks;
- Bupa Dental Plan
- Eye care contribution
- Pension scheme
- Staff Incentives and recognition
- Buy/Sell back holiday scheme
Apply now for success
IT Help Desk Manager
do you want to join the Redsquid team as our IT Help Desk Manager?
We are a purpose driven organisation and are all about making a difference to our customers with the use of technology. An innovative provider of solutions within IoT, Cyber Security, ICT, Data Connectivity and furthermore Voice solutions.
We are here to improve our customers businesses as well as their operations. Therefore, with the use of technology, we make them more efficient, increase productivity and reduce costs.
Join our team and help us fulfil this mission by providing exceptional service to our customers and driving the best customer experience!