Head of People
We are looking for a passionate Head of People to support our growth journey.
Reporting to the CEO and a part of the Leadership Team, the Head of People will develop and implement the overall people and talent strategy. This person will help us develop hiring strategies to find the best technology driven talent, upskill our team through comprehensive training and development plans, and champion employee engagement.
The successful candidate will take the lead on building a prize-winning working culture, refining and shaping the processes and practises across the entire ‘people’ spectrum.
About the job
- Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
- Permanent, Full-time
- Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours per week
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the board to shape the organisation structure to support the businesses growth targets.
- Provide the organisation with a full generalist HR advice and guidance. Overseeing the full employee lifecycle, you will be guiding line managers through a variety of situations.
- Create a people strategy, developing our employee experience, employer brand, culture, internal communications, HR infrastructure, etc., all to drive high performance across the business.
- Align a Talent Management strategy, focusing on attraction, development and retention
- Leading ‘Values Led Engagement’ initiatives by displaying and promoting these behaviours which are critical to their continued success, appropriately appraising engagement levels and focusing on improvements as the business continues to grow.
- Auditing levels of training and capability to build the training matrix, developing L&D plans for all employees to ensure continued skill set development across the business.
- Drive continuous learning initiatives with the desire to experiment with cutting edge research and implement new practices.
- Utilising and pushing engagement via the company HR Platform.
- Collating monthly payroll for completion by the outsourced payroll company.
- Develop and implement a people strategy which focuses on
- Talent attraction/retention
- People engagement/development
- Creating a fit for purpose working environment/culture
- Ensure people policies and processes are aligned with the new people strategy.
- Review and develop a remuneration system.
- Effective leadership of the HR function
- Active headhunting when required and recruitment management including interviewing candidates.
- People management and general hr admin day to day duties
- Working closely with finance, planning and executing a HR Budget
- Involvement in day to day employee relation activities
Skills and Experience required as our Head of People
- Previous track record leading HR function
- Minimum 3 years in similar role
- Must be a HR generalist that has experience of recruitment, training, L&D and has proven experience implanting a people culture throughout a business
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Should be confident in working at a senior level whilst balancing the need for a sleeves rolled up” approach that is required in a business of this size
We value our employees and are committed to providing them with a workplace which is both safe and secure.
Likewise we create an environment where every employee is treated fairly, with respect and importantly equal opportunities for all.
Read more about our employee commitment on our careers page, and find some of our benefits here:
- 22 days annual leave entitlement (Increase on years’ service up to 29)
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Private Health Insurance with discounted perks;
- Bupa Dental Plan
- Eye care contribution
- Pension scheme
- Staff Incentives and recognition
- Buy/Sell back holiday scheme
Apply now for success
Head of People
do you want to join the Redsquid team as our Head of People?
At Redsquid we are all about making a difference to our customers with the use of technology. An innovative provider of solutions within IoT, Cyber Security, ICT, Data Connectivity and furthermore Voice solutions.
We are here to improve our customers businesses as well as their operations. Therefore with the use of technology we make them more efficient, increase productivity and reduce costs.
Join our team and help us fulfil this mission by providing outstanding solutions and exceptional service to our customers!